Last updated: 3 Mar, 2013:
- Currently testing Reflow, a really cool HTML5/CSS tool from Adobe. Just created a quick demo that I plan to incorporate into the next interface for Idioma. The tool helps you create layouts for various page size that would be displayed depending on the device resolution. The product is still in early development but I like the idea and approach to this common problem for most developers that develop for the web.
- Reviewing the latest features in CF 10, looking into use cases for implementing WebSockets - a very cool publish/subscribe model now available in the CF10 and HTML5. I'm really liking the features in CF 10 so far. Looking to order the latest versio of CF builder, thinking it might be better than working Dreamweaver (DW), but still like designing DW...stay tuned.
- I've decided to add a Drupal site to my current list projects. I've had some good success in getting the site up and running but experience a few errors that I'm trying to work out. Hoping to add some commentary on my adventures in Drupal at some point. Some far, I'm finding the layout engine fairly easy to manage; the conpoment with some exception all work once you install the supporting modules. Some of the components implemented some far include an: E-Commerce, Classified Ads, Blog, Forums, and my main themes or objective for my next adventure..
- Recently implemented a mail and issue tracking solution. A friend recommended SmarterTools. Their products was fairly easy to setup and implement. The port to IIS was also fairly straightforward from the standard web server that comes with both products: SmarterMail and SmartTrack. Very documented and an open set of APIs that you can leverage to extend the product capabilities or integrate into your solution mix made this an easy decision.
- Redmine - is a flexible project management web application. Written using the Ruby on Rails framework, it is cross-platform and cross-database open source application released under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2 (GPL).